Thank YOU! — Cute Blog Award and Versatile Blog Award
I’ve been going over some of the comments on my blog posts and I realized something. I realized that I am very lucky–privileged–to be able to participate in a community of people who all have such wonderful things to share, who are helpful, supportive, constructive, and creative. It is great to be able to read the thoughts of another on the page…someone I may never meet, may never talk to….and catch a glimpse, a snapshot, of who they are. When I catch these beautiful snapshots of each person on here in my mind’s eye, I am reminded that though we are all so infinitely different, we are also all so much alike. There is a thread of humanity that binds us, that allows for connection between two points. Thank you to all the points with whom I have had the honor of being connected to thus far;)
Cute Blog Award
Apparently accepting these nominations means there are certain rules to follow. I decided to include the rules for both here.
Cute Blog Award Rules:
1. Post a picture of the award
2. Thank the person(s) who nominated you on a blog post
3. Nominate as many other blogs as you feel like and notify them
4. Answer the following questions
5. Post something you have never mentioned before on your blog
1. What is your go to make up product?
I do not wear make-up typically, but on rare occasion, I may put on a little lip gloss.
2. What’s your favourite fashion trend of 2011?
I have no idea about the fashion trends of 2011, but I can say that I like usually just like things that are comfortable and that I feel good in.
3. What is your favorite dessert?
It is a toss up between ice cream (vanilla or Blue Bell Banana Pudding) and a hot, fresh-out-the-fryer donut (the best I ever had came from a place in Ocean Springs, MS called TatoNut…HEAVEN!……but, of course, everything in moderation:).
4. Favorite color? Turquoise/Teal …especially in Native American jewelry.
5. What is your middle name?
Trinidad, named after the grandmother on my mother’s side whom I never had the opportunity to meet.
6. What was the last song you listened to?
The one my four-year-old son is singing at the top of his lungs RIGHT NOW as he showers in the bathroom next to where I am typing this…he likes writing songs too:)
7. Cats or Dogs?
DOGS!!!!!…sorry to all the cat lovers out there…they are cute to look at, but just too unpredictable for me.
8. One thing I have never mentioned in my blog
I absolutely looooooove to dance. And I’m not just talking the two-step. I will turn on some music (usually the hip hop/90s R&B/Buena Vista Social Club/or David Guetta-type), and go alllll out. There is something about letting your hair down, feeling the music, doing what feels right in the moment and not caring one bit how much of a fool I might look like. My all time favorite places to dance, though, are in the grocery store or in the car, usually making the people who came with me regret that they did. Oh well.
Versatile Blog Award Rules:
They are the same except that instead of nominating as many people as you deem worthy, you nominate 15 worthy bloggers (be sure to notify them) and instead of answering specific questions, post 7 random facts about yourself.
My 7 random facts
1. I taught 7th and 8th graders for three years before taking time off to be with my son.
2. I love to run….running helps me clear my mind and renew.
3. My favorite comfort food is chilaquiles… if you don’t know about it, you need to.
4. I tried to write a book once and….I failed miserably. But, I’d like to give it another shot.
5. My favorite singer of time passed is Ella Fitzgerald….hands down.
6. I like a lot of imported music (mostly from the UK)….Adele, Coldplay, Imogenheap, Florence+the Machine, Paloma Faith, Ellie Goulding, Sia, M.I.A., Lily Allen, Ceu, etc., etc….
7. I lived in Hong Kong for a brief period and would love to live in other parts around the world for a while…hopefully in the near future.
Here are my nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award: